MultiTrans 4 TextBase Web, as an optional add-on to the MultiTrans 4 Server Edition, provides you with read-only access to your TextBases Translation Memory using a standard Web browser – no installation of software on workstations is required. By providing secure access via the Web, it cost-effectively enables users located anywhere in the world to easily find relevant past translations in their full context from your central TextBase TMs.
Like the the desktop versions of MultiTrans 4, TextBase Web provides easy-to-use and powerful search features that quickly find and retrieve all of the relevant instances of an expression along with the aligned translation texts. It is then possible to select and view an instance of the expression and its aligned translation in a split screen view. One half of the view displays the document that contains the searched expression, automatically scrolled to the location of the found expression, which is color-highlighted for easy viewing. The other half of the view displays the complete corresponding translation text, scrolled to the aligned text segment, which is also highlighted. At a glance, you can review the expression and aligned translation in the context of their complete original documents. By providing context, the TextBase TM acts as an extensive “by-example” dictionary, containing usage and style reference for terms and expressions.
- Cost-effective Web browser access to your central TextBase TMs;
- Proven, scalable, high performance search engine returns results in a fraction of a second, even when searching TextBase TMs containing many million words;
- Search seamlessly across multiple TextBase TMs;
- Search expressions of any length: words, phrases, sentences, and paragraphs;
- View source and target expressions side-by-side in the full text of their original documents;
- Enhanced security restricts user access to appropriate TextBase TMs.